Manx Harriers is committed to providing a safe environment for children/young people under the age of 18 to participate in athletics. Essential to this commitment, is to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to protect children/young people from the inappropriate use of photographic images. In April 2010 Manx Harriers adopted the following good practice guidelines issued by UK Athletics:
Publishing Images on the club website
- Through the use of a Consent Form, we will ask for the permission of young athletes and their carers to take and use their image.
- If a photograph is used, we will avoid naming the athlete.
- We will NEVER publish personal details (email addresses, telephone numbers, addresses etc) of a child/young person
- We will only authorise the use of images of athletes in suitable dress (Tracksuit, clothing i.e. T-shirt/shorts/ off track clothing)
Use of Photographic Filming Equipment at club organised events
Manx Harriers will:
- Inform athletes and parents that a photographer will be in attendance at an event and ensure they consent to both the taking and publication of films or photographs
- Require parents, spectators and authorised photographers (e.g. press) to register at an event if they wish to use any photographic equipment including mobile phones with photographic technology.
- Issue an identification pass which must be worn and clearly visible at all times during the event
- Not allow unsupervised access to athletes or one to one photo sessions at events
- Not approve/allow photo sessions outside the events or at an athletes home
- Act on the concerns of any athletes and parents regarding the inappropriate use of photographic equipment
- Inform children/young people and their parents/carers if video equipment is to be used as a coaching aid.
- Ensure that any photographic images taken and used will be stored safely.
Photography Event Pass or Photography Season Pass – required by photographers in attendance at Manx Harriers events involving children/young people under the age of 18.
Parental Consent Form – required by children/young people under the age of 18 competing in Manx Harriers events.
Please send completed forms to Manx Harriers Secretary, Jo Glassey.