Manx Harriers is the largest and most successful athletics club on the Isle of Man with over 300 members. We are based in our own clubhouse at the National Sports Centre – the home of Manx sport. Club activities include road running, cross country, track and field, race walking and jogging. Membership is open to anyone of any age (7 to 97) or ability (joggers to international athletes)
Benefits of being a Manx Harrier include:
- A huge choice of training sessions every week supervised by UK Athletics Licensed coaches.
- Access to specialist 365, race walking, sprint, middle distance, long distance and field event coaches.
- More opportunity for organised and subsidised off-island competition than other Island clubs, including, up to:
- 4 cross country events, including the Lancashire Cross Country Championships
- 2 indoor track & field meets
- 3 early season outdoor track & field meets
- 3 race walking trips
- 4 Northern League trips
- 4 YDL trips
- Blackpool Autumn Open
- Lancashire Track & Field Championships
- Access to Manx Harriers Track & Field League with all results posted on Power of 10
- FREE entry into the Manx Harriers organised Easter Festival of Running
- No need to pay the higher unattached levy for each race
- Opportunity to gain FREE entry to London Marathon
- Clubhouse with gym equipment and treadmill (use is subject to appropriate supervision)
- Regular social events
To join simply complete a membership form and send with the appropriate fee to Membership Secretary Jenny Dowling.
|Category||Club Fees||EA Affiliation||Total|
|Under 7s, Under 9s and Under 11s||£10||–||£10|
|Under 13s and Under 15s||£19||£14||£33|
|Under 17s and Up in Full Time Education||£24||£14||£38|
|Seniors Under 17 and Up||£35||£14||£49|
|Families||£58||£14 *||£58 plus *|
*Please add £14 EA Affiliation for each athlete school year 6 and above on 31st August 2017
Manx Harriers offers two free training taster sessions after which we would welcome you to join the Club. If you do not wish to join the Club an additional charge of £2.00 will be payable per training session. For our Club training schedule click here.
Download our Membership Form (April 2017 – March 2018) here.
If you are already a member of another athletics club and want to change your first claim affiliation to Manx Harriers, information is available on the England Athletics website including the Change of First Claim Club and Exemption Application Form. Please be aware this process can take a number of weeks so you should consider when is the best time for you to do this.
For further information about membership please contact Jenny Dowling.