Saturday 24th February 2018 will see the Manx Harriers Open 20k Walk and 10k Run at the National Sports Centre, Douglas, Isle of Man. This year it incorporates the Nihill Shield – Junior International Match.
– 1 km walk (male and female under 11 – Development Race)
– 2 km walk (male and female under 13 incorporating the Nihill Shield)
– 3 km walk (male and female under 15 incorporating the Nihill Shield )
– 5 km walk open (male & female under 15 age group and over incorporating the Nihill Shield)
– 10 km walk (male and female under 17 age group and over)
– 20 km walk* (male and female ages 17 and over)
*Entry standard for 20km walk 2hrs 20 minutes.
– 10 km run (male and females aged 15 or over on day of race)
Please note there will be a limit of 50 entries per event on first come first served basis.
Race walking meeting held under IAAF rules. 10 km run held under UKA rules – age groups as per current rules (age groups as of 01/09/19).
Registration will be at Manx Harriers clubhouse 30 minutes prior to the start of each race.
The closing date for entries is – Sunday 18th February 2018) ** PLEASE NOTE THAT NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ON THE DAY**
£4 (All Juniors up to U17)
5km/10km walks/10km run
£6 Students in full time education
£8 Senior Members of athletics clubs
£12 Unattached athletes
Please send your completed entry forms along with cheques made payable to ‘Manx Harriers’ C/o 23 King Orry Road, Glen Vine, Isle of Man. IM4 4ES.
Evening Social and Walks Prize Presentation – At the Ascot Hotel on Saturday evening. Tickets are £10 including food – Please contact Elizabeth Corran to reserve your place on 07624 473340.