It is that time of year again to consider if you/your child would like to be part of the composite team formed from members of Manx Harriers, Northern and Western AC, known as Team IOM Youth for U13 and U15 age groups.
The team first entered the Youth Development League in 2013, starting in the lowest division in the North West of England. The team has had tremendous success and has won promotion three years consecutively. For the 2017 season, Team IOM Youth will compete in the North West Division 1 against high-class opposition.
For a Manx Harrier athlete to be considered for selection for the YDL squad, they must register their interest and be:
- a fully paid up member of Manx Harriers – You will have to ensure this is done by 1 April 2017
- be registered with UKA – this will be done as part of your Manx Harriers membership renewal
- attend the Manx Harriers training sessions and open meetings
- be willing to compete in a number of disciplines if requested to do so.
- put forward for selection by Manx Harriers.
This is an excellent opportunity for our young athletes, if you/ or your child would like to part of Team IOM you will need to register your interest by completing the YDL athlete details form. The form should be returned to Jo Glassey at 58 King Orry Road, Glenvine, Isle of Man, IM4 4FJ.
Each trip will be a day trip, travelling out by plane, and returning by sea and the cost will be approx. £35-40 per athlete per trip (subject to change).
Should you have any queries please contact the Clubs representatives Jo Glassey firstname.lastname@example.org or Petra Atchison email@example.com