It is that time of year again to renew your Manx Harriers membership or if you are considering it, joining the largest and most successful club on the Island. Membership fees are due on 1 April 2017.
Benefits of being a Manx Harrier include:
- A huge choice of training sessions every week supervised by UK Athletics Licensed coaches.
- Access to specialist 365, race walking, sprint, middle distance, long distance and field event coaches.
- More opportunity for organised and subsidised off-island competition than other Island clubs, including, up to:
- 4 cross country events, including the Lancashire Cross Country Championships
- 2 indoor track & field meets
- 3 early season outdoor track & field meets
- 3 race walking trips
- 4 Northern League trips
- 4 YDL trips
- Blackpool Autumn Open
- Lancashire Track & Field Championships
- Access to Manx Harriers Track & Field League with all results posted on Power of 10
- FREE entry into the Manx Harriers organised Easter Festival of Running
- No need to pay the higher unattached levy for each race
- Opportunity to gain FREE entry to London Marathon
- Clubhouse with gym equipment and treadmill (use is subject to appropriate supervision)
- Regular social events
The rates for this year (1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018) are only:
|Category||Club Fees||EA Affiliation||Total|
|Under 7s, Under 9s and Under 11s||£10||–||£10|
|Under 13s and Under 15s||£19||£14||£33|
|Under 17s and Up in Full Time Education||£24||£14||£38|
|Seniors Under 17 and Up||£35||£14||£49|
|Families||£58||£14 *||£58 plus *|
*Please add £14 England Athletics Affiliation for each athlete school year 6 and above on 31 August 2017
Please complete and return the Membership form, along with your cheque made out to Manx Harriers, by the 22 March 2017, to enable the Manx Harriers Treasurer to pay your affiliation to England Athletics on 1 April 2017. If you wish to compete in the UK it is essential your England Athletics Affiliation is paid by 1 April 2017.
If you are already a member of another athletics club and want to change your first claim affiliation to Manx Harriers, information is available on the England Athletics website including the Change of First Claim Club and Exemption Application Form. Please be aware this process can take a number of weeks so you should consider when is the best time for you to do this.
Should you decide not to renew your Membership please let Jenny know as soon as possible, so she can keep the records in order. Chasing unpaid membership is very time consuming.
Signing on for the Manx Harriers Track and Field League will take place on the 23 & 30 March 2017 in the Clubhouse. Packs will be sent out shortly. The first competition evening will be 5 April 2017